HappyDude88's Search

About Me

My photo
Hello, this is Siwri88, better known to some as Simon. Currently work as a picture researcher and product editor with a leading publishing company that works with trading cards and sticker albums on a variety of licenses in sport and entertainment. Freelance Journalist and writing a book in my spare time. Achieved a 2:1 studying BA Hons Journalism at the University of Northampton (2009-2012). Enjoy reading!

Friday 16 September 2011

The magic 8 ball - What does it say?

ANYONE who knows me will already know that I am absolutely dreadful at predicting anything.  It's a pure fact.  2010 was a luckier year for me in that aspect, but 2011 has already followed the previous poor rate of success.  I may not have a crystal ball, but the magic 8 ball, which you can still get at weird shops and fairs, and also even as a phone application is my predictor.

So, last night, I put him to the test and asked it some questions.  This is the feedback it gave me.  Trust it as a sign...

Will Jamaica still be in the Commonwealth by this time next year? Don't count on it

Is Gordon Brown going to make a sensational return to politics? My sources say no

Will a Skins movie ever be made? Without a doubt

Does Milton Keynes stand any chance of ever gaining city status? Concentrate and ask again

Do you see wedding bells for Nicole Scherzinger and Lewis Hamilton? Without a doubt

Should Chelsea realise they made a mistake and sell Fernando Torres in January 2012? Outlook not so good

Will a British side win the 2011/12 UEFA Europa Leauge? Outlook good

Do you see Ed Miliband remaining as leader of the Labour party at the end of the year? As I see it, yes

Is Sebastian Vettel going to wrap up the 2011 FIA Formula One world championship next weekend in Singapore? It is decidedly so

Will Gaddafi be found in his hiding place? Without a doubt

Will England win the 2011 Rugby World Cup? I'd better not tell you now

In 2,000 years, would you say that dinosaurs return to rule the planet? Reply is hazy, try again

A u-turn by Simon Cowell; will he return to be a judge for the live shows of The X-Factor?  Yes- definitely

A Manchester club to win the 2011/12 Barclays Premier League? Reply is hazy, try again

Do you see Sarah Palin being the next president of the United States?  Very doubtful

Can Nick Clegg make himself even more unpopular with another change of heart?  My reply is no

Will HMV follow Woolworths in going bust by the end of the year?  Ask again later

Do you see it snowing on Christmas Day 2011?  Yes

Out of someone I personally know, will there be a winner of the National Lottery?  Cannot predict now

Do you see Hollyoaks being axed by Channel 4 next summer?  As I see it, yes

So, there you go.  Believe it or not, the magic 8 ball has had its say - let's see if it carries physic powers!

No comments: